You’ll Find Easy Access From SJO, PTY, & MGA International Airports
How to Get to The Cayuga Collection Properties
The Cayuga Collection hotels and lodges are dotted along Central America’s Pacific and Caribbean Coast, from Panama through Costa Rica and up to Nicaragua.
We’re tucked into mountain ridges and alongside volcanoes. We’re beachside, hillside and even lakeside. We’re in the heart of the city and in the heart of the natural world.
Let’s Plan Your Arrival
We know you might like to see your best travel options laid out in detail. Select an option, and we’ll explain the rest:
- Best and most economical option if you’re traveling with a large group, family, or you’re a couple who doesn’t want to worry about driving directions or car rentals.
- We can pick you up from the International Airports: Costa Rica’s Juan Santamaria International (SJO), Nicaragua’s Augusto C. Sandino International (MGA), or Panama’s Enrique Malek International (DAV).
- We take you directly to the hotels, and can coordinate your transfers between hotels and airports. We’re on the ground with you in real time.
- We provide Air-Conditioned Vehicles and Complimentary Water & Snacks. Our drivers are always happy to stop along the way for bathroom breaks and photo opportunities too!
- Best option if you want to arrive at our properties right away.
- Take a domestic flight within Costa Rica. Sansa Airlines and Aerobell operate year-round, with daily schedules between San Jose and many smaller cities in Costa Rica. These flights depart from a small terminal within walking distance of Juan Santamaria International (SJO).
- Domestic flights are quick and all under 1 hour in duration. We can pick you up from the nearest airstrip or arrange for a 4×4 rental vehicle to be delivered for your arrival.
- Private Charter Planes are also available.
- We’ll gladly assist you with Flight Schedules, Airline Tickets for domestic flights or Car Rentals. Just ask us!
- Best option if you want to explore at your own pace.
- Hire a Private Driver: If you are traveling with family or in a large group, this is often the most economical option. Highways in Costa Rica, Nicaragua and Panama are safe, scenic and well-maintained. You’ll get to stop at sights along the way too.
- Rent a 4×4: We recommend renting a 4×4 especially if you plan to visit more remote areas. We can provide detailed driving instruction on how to reach our properties and arrange rental cars – ask us!
- Pro Tip #1: We recommend National Rent-A-Car
- Pro-Tip #2: Be wary of using WAZE and Google Maps in rural areas. Ask Us for help in planning a safe route.
- Pro-Tip #3: Try not to drive at night — plan to arrive during the daylight hours
Which option is best for you? We can help you decide. We can also arrange all your travel within Costa Rica for you — just ask us.
Do You Want to See More of
the Pacific & Caribbean Coast?
See more of Central America and design a combination of retreats that's totally you. We’ll show you how.
Ask us! We can help you:
- Create your bucket list. Tell us what you’d love to experience. We’ll make it happen.
- Design your Trip. We’ll help you craft an itinerary that’s uniquely you.
- Get from A to B. Leave the logistics to us. We’ll coordinate your travel between hotels.
- Get the Best Rates & Perks. Did we mention that we’re fabulous at pulling strings?
Getting Here is Easy
“We got the hotel to sort out our domestic transport so it was hassle-free getting here while being well and truly off the beaten path. The location makes it even more extraordinary!“
– Robert, TripAdvisor