Hello, my name is Hans Pfister, I am the President and Co-Owner of the Cayuga Collection of Sustainable Luxury Hotels & Lodges. I think it is perfectly safe for you to come and get a well-deserved break and vacation. We are ready to host you at our hotels and lodges and make sure that you have your best vacation ever.
This is what awaits you when you come to visit us right now:
- Vaccination efforts in Costa Rica and Panama are picking up speed. Currently, over 60% of the population in both countries have received at least one shot which takes care of the most vulnerable demographic and we are approaching 40% coverage with the second shot.
- At our hotels and lodges in Costa Rica and Panama over 95% of the staff have received at least one shot of the vaccine and we expect to complete vaccination in mid October.
- Hotels, restaurants, beaches, and national parks as well as other tourist attractions are open and functioning normally. We can help you with reservations to make sure you enjoy all the experiences that you planned for. You won’t miss out on any experiences!
- The Costa Rican government has implemented nighttime driving restrictions (10 pm to 5 am), but tourism transport is exempt. This should not affect your stay with us unless you plan to party all night…
- All of our guests from North America and Europe comment that health protocols are very well implemented here and that they feel safe. And as of today, the great majority of our guests are vaccinated and can feel even more confident about travel.
- Covid Cases started to rise again in August but the curve is “flattening” again. The public health system in Costa Rica is robust and has been able to handle the situation well. Private hospitals and clinics have the capacity to attend to tourists in different parts of the country in case of emergency.
I am traveling here in Costa Rica with my family (my youngest daughter is not vaccinated yet) and feel safe and very at ease. If you have further questions or need more information to feel confident, let me know. I am happy to talk to you personally as I don’t want you to miss out on a great vacation because of the lack of reliable and up-to-date information from us living here.
See you soon,
Hans Pfister, President and Co-Owner
The Cayuga Collection of Sustainable Luxury Hotels and Lodges
This blog post has been last updated on September 13, 2021