At The Cayuga Collection of Sustainable Luxury Hotels & Lodges, we have implemented COVID Protocols & Measures. (Arenas Del Mar Resort, Isla Palenque Resort, Kura Hotel, Hotel Senda Monteverde, Hotel Aguas Claras, Jicaro Island, Pasha Estate)
We consistently strive to balance Sanitary Measures while we focus on Sustainable Practices and a Luxury Hospitality Experience. We are in compliance with all protocols that are required by the local government authorities in the countries where we operate.
We reopened our hotels in June 2020 and were the first Hotel Collection in Central America to be in compliance with the Safe Stay Certification by the World Travel & Tourism Council.
Our guests tell us that our protocols make them feel safe at our hotels, but at the same time, they feel “normal” and free to enjoy their vacations.
- At our hotels and lodges 100% of the staff has been vaccinated.
WHAT WE’RE DOING TO KEEP YOU SAFE
- We have partnered with our strategic local partners of cleaning products to ensure the correct sanitation of all areas in the hotels and lodges.
- Clean and disinfect public areas with high-touch and high-traffic areas hourly.
- Strict hygiene measures such as frequent hand washing with antibacterial soap are implemented for all staff according to our health and safety protocols.
- We minimize physical touch-points and keep the exchange of any items between guests and staff to an absolute minimum (check-in, payment, amenities, etc.)
- All transfers are private. Vehicle interiors will be wiped down and disinfected between rides. Luggage will be disinfected upon arrival. We can help you set up your transportation needs.
- Laundry protocols were upgraded to comply with CDC guidelines using higher temperatures and Ecolab detergents.
- Meals are served in open-air restaurants and tables and chairs are sanitized after each seating. Room service is offered at no additional cost. Physical menus have been replaced by QR codes that display the menus in the guest’s personal smartphones.
- All staff members are monitored carefully and proactively through temperature checks for symptoms related to COVID-19 regularly and any employee under the slightest suspicion will not be allowed on the hotel grounds and sent to testing immediately.
- Staff areas and all back of the house are cleaned and sanitized regularly and thoroughly. All staff members have access to hand-washing and hand sanitizing as well as protective equipment if applicable.
- We invite our guests to visit our back of the house as part of a tour where we explain our sanitary measures in more detail. We are a “transparent” hotel.
ABOUT ENTRY REQUIREMENTS & COVID TESTING
If you have questions about entry requirements to Costa Rica, Panama or Nicaragua — or COVID testing as a requirement to return to your home country, we can help. This is easy and should not hold you back from visiting us. For more details, e-mail us: email@example.com or use our Chat Support.
We also have a Blog dedicated to COVID Testing: https://www.cayugacollection.com/worried-about-testing-requirements-we-have-you-covered/
And here some updates on the situation in Costa Rica and Panama in general: https://www.cayugacollection.com/i-have-some-concerns-about-travelling-to-costa-rica/
FLEXIBLE CANCELLATION POLICIES & SPECIAL OFFERS
Zero Risk – Zero Hassle. We’ve amended our booking & cancellation policies for travel through October 2023.
Payment due dates are as follows:
- Green Season Reservations – 20 days prior to check-in;
- High Season Reservations – 45 days prior to check-in;
- Holiday Season Reservations – 75 days prior to check-in.
Once paid in full, reservations that are cancelled or adjusted will receive a credit with the hotel, valid for use within one year of the original date of stay.
And if you are looking for some special offers for travel during the next months, check out those promotions offering complimentary nights at all of our hotels here.
I so applaud your stellar efforts and am so impressed by all you have done and are doing during this most difficult time.
Can you share the names of the disinfecting products you are using? Are they heavIly scented or scent free? Are they chemically based? I certainly understand that things have changed and you must meet the CDC regulations (which all good hotels should do).
I would appreciate your sharing this information as one person in my party has allergic reactions to chemically based products and we are not sure now if any hotel, anywhere, can now meet the requirement for chemical free, scent free products. Thank you.
Dear Rosanne, thank you for your comments. We use the highest quality products available here. It is the Ecolab Hotel line that has been adjusted to the needs of this Covid Crisis. The products are very lightly scented and have the following EPA registrations: Mikroquat Disinfectant, EPA Registration 1677-21. This product is in the “N-List” of the EPA recommended against SARS-COV2. If you let us know what exactly you are allergic to, we will check with Ecolab and make sure you are ok.
So happy to hear this, and I firmly believe you will do it right, and do it well. Can’t wait to see everyone, the birds, the monkeys, the beach, the jungle, the park, the town! I also believe your future travel bond idea offers great value. So excited-
Stay safe, stay well, stay strong!
Thanks for your support Vicki. We hope to see you soon. In the meantime, we will take care of the birds, the monkeys,, the beach, the jungle, the park and the town. Cayuga Travel Future Bonds help to make this easier for us. Strong Today – Extraordinary Tomorrow.
When the international airport re-opens, will regulations require any length of quarantine of inbound arrivals?
Dear Rafa. Good question. Most likely no. But we don’t know yet. As soon as we have news, we will let you know. Saludos and hope to see you soon.
Will US citizens/tourists be allowed into Costa Rica after June 30? Quarantine and/or negative Covid test requires? Would like to travel last week of July. Thanks
Thank you Monica for your question. We are all waiting for the arrivals protocols to be published. As soon as we know about the requirements, we will let you know. We hope we can make that last week of July travel happen. Saludos.
I’ve just discovered your Collection of resorts. I’m interested in a combination of stays at Manuel Antonio and Puerto Viejo the last week of June. I’d love to know if that’s a possibility. I’ve just completed my last treatment in my cancer protocol; your properties seem as if they’ll be the perfect antedote to my “cure,” and much needed before returning to work.
thank you for discovering our Collection of Sustainable Luxury Hotels. We would love to have you stay with us. We will take good care of you and yes, it would be a great way to decompress before going back to work. The International Airport in Costa Rica is scheduled to reopen on June 30th, so we probably won’t be able to make this happen for late June. But if you have some flexibility in dates, we can try to July or August. Please feel free to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org if we can help you look for suitable dates. We hope to see you soon.
So excited for re-opening -was in Arenas Del Mar just a few weeks before virus shut downs and will be the first place we go as soon as everything re-opens. Love and no contact hugs to the amazing staff!
We look forward to having you back.
Is there any word yet of when Panama will end the suspension of non-resident travel? I would love to go to Isla Palenque sometime soon!
Dear Aaron, no news yet. But as soon as we are allowed to reopen, we will send you an e-mail so you can come visit. We think it will be October or November. Saludos.
We have news. Looks like Panama will reopen in October and we plan to reopen Isla Palenque on October 15th. Let’s start planning your return. email@example.com.
We are in the middle of a WORLDWIDE PANDEMIC. I don’t understand why people insist on traveling. Why can’t you stay home. Will it kill you not to have a vacation this year. Corona is not a hoax. I know. I’ve had young healthy people die in front of me. So all you SELFISH people give it a rest it’ll be at least another year.
thank you for your comment. We understand that this Pandemic is very serious. We don’t think it is a hoax. We have taken very strong measures to keep everybody safe and will continue to do so. This is not about being selfish. It is about a balance of maintaining the income of 250 employees and their families in rural areas of Costa Rica, Nicaragua, and Panama and controlling the spread of the virus. Not a simple task. But from our experience, we know that extremes never really work. Stay safe and we hope you will feel comfortable to travel again soon.
With the recent requirement for travelers into the US from foreign countries to have proof of a negative Covid test within 72 hours prior to arrival into the US, will there be a way to get a test in property (or very nearby) if staying at one of your resorts. My family is booked in Costa Rica in March and are trying to understand our options.
thanks for reaching out. We are getting this question a lot. And the good news is that we are ready for this. We can either arrange for a doctor to come to the hotels and take a sample or we can arrange for you to go to the nearest clinic to get the test done. Best just to contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will help you work this out for your specific needs.
Greetings from sunny Costa Rica. See you soon.