We will have implemented these measures when we resume operation at our hotels and lodges. Currently, four of the seven Cayuga Collection Hotels have reopened successfully. We are striving to find a balance between strong Sanitary Measures while we focus on Sustainable Practices and a Luxury Hospitality Experience. We will be in compliance with all protocols that are required by the local government authorities in the countries where we operate.
- Clean and disinfect public areas with high-touch and high-traffic areas hourly and thoroughly. We are evaluating the use of electrostatic sprayers for future use.
- All staff and guests maintain a distance of 6 feet (1.8 Meters) wherever possible. If not possible, protective equipment such as face mask or visor use is required.
- Strict hygiene measures such as frequent hand washing are implemented for all staff according to our health and safety protocols.
- We minimize physical touchpoints and keep the exchange of any items between guests and staff to an absolute minimum (check-in, payment, amenities, etc.)
- Disinfection stations with alcohol gel and disinfectant spray are set up in guest rooms, public areas, and staff areas.
- All transfers will be private and vehicle interiors will be wiped down and disinfected between rides. Luggage will be disinfected upon arrival.
- Our “Cayuga Safety Seal” indicates that rooms and amenities have been deep cleaned for guest usage (Guest Rooms upon check-in, Minibar, remote control, bathrooms, etc.) and that nobody has entered the room or used the amenity after cleaning.
- In-Room Guest Information (such as Guest Directories, Tour information, Wellness, or Restaurant Menus) will be handled digitally (with a QR Code for access) and rooms will be “decluttered’ from unessential items such as stationary, pens, alarm clocks, etc.
- Laundry protocols are upgraded to comply with CDC guidelines using higher temperatures and recommended detergents.
- All meals will be served a la carte (no buffets) with ample space between tables and food hygiene protocols will be further reinforced.
- Meals are served mostly in open-air restaurants and tables and chairs are sanitized after each seating. Room service is offered at no additional cost. Physical menus have been replaced by QR codes that display the menus in the guest’s personal smartphones.
- All tours and activities will be offered in a “private” format or allowing for safe distancing between guests and staff.
- All staff members are monitored carefully and proactively through temperature checks for symptoms related to COVID-19 regularly and any employee under the slightest suspicion will be sent to testing immediately.
- All staff is required to respond fast and report to health officials when in doubt about a possible COVID-19 infection of themselves or others (including guests).
- Staff areas and all back of the house are cleaned and sanitized regularly and thoroughly. All staff members have access to handwashing and hand sanitizing as well as protective equipment if applicable.
These measures are regularly reviewed and updated. This is the version dated July 6, 2020.